CHEMICAL PLANT UPGRADE, Kewdale
Orica Hypochlorite Plant Upgrade
Location: Western Australia
- SMP Installation Works
- Thermoplastic piping
- Tank loading platform
- Installation of all valves, vessels, pumps, filters and instruments as required
- Backflow prevention devices
- SS, CS & Lined piping supply, fabrication and installation
- QA & Testing including dry air dry tests and 100%NDT testing
- Assistance with commissioning
- All MDR and ITP documentation
In 2008, TFG Group fabricated, installed and commissioned an upgrade to Orica’s Hypochlorite Plant in Kewdale, Western Australia. When TFG was engaged, the project was running eight weeks behind schedule. TFG was offered an incentive if all components were manufactured, installed and commissioned within a tight 12 week timeframe. All components were delivered on time.
TFG’s knowledge and experience in chemical treatment tanks was especially critical in the commissioning stage. Due to the chemical composition of hypochlorite, additional cleaning was required prior to commissioning. The process involved steam cleaning followed by air drying and finally dry air drying to completely remove any moisture within the pipework, which is combustible upon contact with hypochlorite.